How to Maintain Your Eye Health?
Are you suffering from any eye related problems? Well, in this article we shall discuss about how to maintain your eye health. Most of the eye care practitioners generally recommend higher intake of the below mentioned nutrients daily to keep the eye problems at bay.
- Benefits: Prevents eye cataracts as well as macular degeneration.
- Food Sources: Soy products, cherries, citrus fruits, tea, bilberries, red wine and blue berries.
- Benefits: Prevents macular degeneration.
- Food Sources: Spinach, carrots, butternut squash, kale, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Benefits: Prevents AMD when combined with Vitamin E, Carotenoids and Vitamin C.
- Food Sources: Seafood like salmon, shrimp, halibut and crabs. Brown rice, Brazil nuts and enriched noodles are also rich in selenium.
4) Vitamin A
- Benefits: Prevents dry eyes and night blindness.
- Food Sources: Eggs, carrots, chicken, beef, milk and butter.
5) Zeaxanthin and Lutein
- Benefits: Prevents macular degeneration and eye cataracts.
- Food Sources: Collard greens, squash, spinach, turnip greens and kale.
6) Vitamin D
- Benefits: Reduces the risk of AMD.
- Food Sources: Orange juice, milk, sardines and salmon are rich in Vitamin D. Sunlight is also a good source of Vitamin D.
7) Vitamin C
- Benefits: Reduces the risk of macular degeneration and eye cataracts.
- Food Sources: Oranges, broccoli, sweet peppers, kale, cantaloupe and strawberries.
- Benefits: Prevents night blindness and advanced AMD.
- Food Sources: Turkey, oysters, Dungeness crab and beef.
9) Vitamin E
- Benefits: Reduces the risk of advanced AMD.
- Food Sources: Hazelnuts, almonds and sunflower seeds.
Do include the food that contains above nutrients in your diet daily to prevent eye problems. Visiting an eye care center regularly is extremely important to identify the eye problem at the initial stage itself. In fact, this will help you in taking the treatment at the right time. Remember, ignoring your eye problems without taking any treatment can increase complication.
Hence, you have to make sure that you visit a good eye care center regularly. Choose an eye care center which has the best optometric professionals always. These optometric professionals will do the examination and recommend you the right lenses or eye glasses. All you have to do now is type ‘eye care near me’ online to find the eye care centers near to your location.
Make your appointment with a good eye care center in your location today to find a solution for your eye problems!